Pay it Forward – The Liebster Award
Special thanks to wonderful Ally, who, in her marvelous blog welcome to my little piece of quiet, has nominated InwardMarvels.com for the Liebster Award. What a lovely little nudge — I appreciate it and it made my day :)
So. Without further due, I give you:
- I name my plants. My favorite is a hibiscus named George the III. (Yes, there were two others before him).
- I have abolished body lotions, shaving gels, make-up removers, and moisturizers and instead just use oil. Every day, this simplicity makes me happy.
- I have just finished a course in MBSR and am currently trying to build a hopefully life-long routine of at least 10 daily minutes of mindful quiet, centeredness, and warmth.
- I am not a big fan of listing things about myself…
- I desperately want to have a little, stubborn dachshund.
- After work, cooking something nice helps me unwind. I find it meditative.
- If I could, I would write for this blog. All day, every day.
- I love taking photos of things in my everyday life; I find that there is beauty everywhere.
- I firmly believe that my bright light energy lamp is helping me to get through the cold, gloomy Berlin winters.
- I am yearning — YEARNING, I say — for a food processor. (Husband, in case you are reading this blog, this is a Christmas hint). I would make nut butters and pesto and beet root ginger paste uninterruptedly (while continuing to write blog posts with one hand).
- I believe that most of the little ailments we 21st century superfast, supersmart, superflexible, supereverything people tend to have — we’re talking chronic UTIs, constant colds, back aches, headaches and what not — can be mended simply by turning inwards and slowing it all down a notch. That, however, takes courage… And this is why there is this blog!
11 bloggers whom I feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers: I have tried to list 11 different bloggers than I listed last time, simply because I feel that there are so many great up and coming bloggers out there. Keep it up!
- The Slow Method
- The Volvo Diaries
- heart mama blog
- Midnight Blues
- Robin, Rach and Joe!
- Relax and Achieve
- INFJ Ramblings
- country walks in ketosis
- Journey to self-actualization
- Peeling the Onion of My Soul
- Kate, Interrupted
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter: (More facts about Marvelline…)
- Do you have any pets? — Nope. Not yet. See point 5 in “11 Facts about Marvelline.” DACHSHUND. (Husband. This is another hint.)
- If you could meet anyone from the past, who would it be and why? — As I am working in an educational institute concerned with the politics of the 1960s, I would love to meet Bobby Kennedy at the time of his brother’s presidency. I would, however, prefer to simply have a glimpse behind the scenes invisibly.
- What are some of your hobbies? — Cooking, DIY cosmetics, reading, writing, photography. And I love taking walks.
- Do you prefer to drink coffee or tea? — Depends. Mornings: Coffee. Evenings: Tea, preferably herbal.
- What is your favourite season of the year and why? — It used to be summer. Now I am kind of seeing nice things in all of the seasons. But I guess I still prefer summer.
- How long have you been blogging? — For years, but this blog is the first one in which I truly pour my heart out. The other one is still up and running; it’s concerned with travel writing.
- What are a couple of your favourite movies? — I have a thing for slow, down-to-earth, low-budget flicks. But I also go for complex, quirky movies — The Big Lebowski, Snatch, that kind of thing.
- If you could pick one favourite book, what would it be? — Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Without a question. It has enriched my life.
- What is your favourite colour and why? — Again, depends what for. In flowers, I love vibrant peach, pinks, white, yellow. For my cereal bowls, I love mint or turquoise. To wear I have blue jeans, lots of dark greys, lilacs, whites.
- What is one of your favourite quotes? — “One world at a time.” Henry David Thoreau, shortly before he took his last breath.
- What is your favourite type of music or favourite song? — Because my mood is highly influenced by music, I prefer things that keep me emotionally stable and make me feel good. Hence, I often listen to upbeat electronica. Luckily, there is a lot of this in Berlin.
Ask your nominees 11 questions:
- What topics make you want to talk for hours?
- What are you looking forward to today?
- If you could just live the way you absolutely loved to, what would your life look like?
- What are your hobbies other than blogging?
- What is an unsolved question that you have?
- What person do you admire deeply? Why?
- What ticks drive you crazy with other people?
- If you had to move to a different town right at this moment, which one would it be and why?
- Standard questions: Favorite book, favorite movie, favorite song / music?
- Do you collect anything?
- What’s your favorite drink?